Pamban is situated in west most region of the Rameswaram island, and it acts as the entrance of Rameswaram island, This small town is one of the important fishing ports in Rameswaram.
Hence Pamban is a fishing port pamban beach is mostly crowded with fishing activities. One can have the wondrous view of pamban bridge (Road and Rail bridge) from here.
The Road bridge is 2.03 KM and a cantilever Railway Bridge 2.06 KM long
Pamban Beach Park
This beach is located at the starting point of the Indira Gandhi road bridge (Pamban Road Bridge) before Rameswaram. This beach is well organized and having recreational things such as Huts, Swimming pools, swings and a childrens park. as the sea near this park is full of rocks it is not suitable for bathing, swimming or diving.
Warning to the Tourist
While playing in the beach park keep your children away from sea.
How to reach Pamban bridge?
|From||How far is Pamban park beach?|
|Rameswaram bus stand||15 KM|
|Pamban Town||3 KM|
Pamban beach Map:
How can I go there?
- By means of private vehicles or Taxies
- By means of government buses from Rameswaram main bus stand
- A walk over a bridge from pamban town
What’s up for me there?
- View of pamban Railway bridge
- View of fishing boats
- View of nearby islands
Pamban beach park
- Children’s park at the entrance of pamban bridge
- Glass boat service (this service is stopped now, hope it will be continued soon)
- Swimming pools
- Huts for resting and relaxing