Kanchi Sankara Mutt at Rameswaram
The Sankara mutt is situated near Agni Theertham Sea Shore. Sankara Madam, Rameswaram is a part of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, The tall tower in the Mutt has the statues of Sri Adi Sankara and his four disciples facing the sea. This statue is made up of white marble stone, 8.25 feet high and weigh about 3 tonnes.
A discourse and events hall plays host to various dharmic activities. A Go-Shala provides shelter to cows. There is a full fledged Yatri Niwas having 10 rooms out of which 2 rooms are air-conditioned. This is about 2 Km from Railway Station and Bus Stand and is hardly two minutes walk from the temple.
Further details can reach the Manager, Sri Sankara Matam, Rameswaram via Phone: 04573 221661.
sculptures Inside Sankara mutt
- Dakshinamoorthi statue
- The walls of first floor tower have the inlaid sculptures (painted) of various saints
- The Life History of Adi Sankara is depicted in the form of colourful carvings on the tower
- Nandhi statue holding with rope of bell (aaraaichi mani)
- Sculptures of 12 Jyothir linga
Where is it?
- Near the Agni Theertham Sea Shore
- Near Ujjaini Maha Kali Amman Temple
Rameswaram Kanchi Sankara Mutt Map
How to reach Kanchi Sankara Mutt?
- By a Small walk on Agni Theertham Sea Shore
- Small walk from the Ramanathaswamy Temple towards Agni Theertham.